Saturday, April 21, 2007

Amsterdam, Utrecht, and Rotterdam, the Netherlands - 19-20 April 2007

While attending graduate business school at MsM, I wrote a thesis research paper on the topic of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Specifically, the paper explored how a business strategy on CSR and the BoP (Bottom of the Pyramid) approach could drive corporate growth and profitability. 

With the help of my research professor, I managed to line up 4 business contacts to conduct my qualitative research. 3 on-site interviews and 1 phone interview with 4 major (Anglo-)Dutch companies were scheduled in April 2007. 

Between April 19 and 20, 2007, I visited Heineken in Amsterdam, Rabobank in Utrecht, and Unilever in Rotterdam, where I interviewed the organizations' key personnel in Ethics, Corporate Affairs, and Sustainable Development. The fourth company was Anglo-Dutch corporation, Shell, to which I conducted a phone interview with their Issue Manager. 

Below are a few photos I took while visiting these cities:

Amsterdam

Above left: The Heineken brewery

Above left: Euronext


Utrecht

Above left: Cultural art in a Fair Trade shop


Rotterdam

Above: @ Unilever - some familiar consumer brands include Dove, Lipton, and Ben & Jerry's

No comments: