Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ljubljana, Slovenia - 20 September 2007

Above left: Ljubljana center - true to most cities with canals, it is charming and romantic

I must have driven through like 5-6 toll booths en-route to Ljubljana from Vienna; traffic was sparse perhaps because it was a weekday. The hostel was relatively easy to find, save for a brief period of getting lost (nothing new there). Parking, however, was tricky and I thought it was best to park the car overnight in a garage and pay the daily rate of 22E. I would take it as yet another parking ticket, which by the way I paid one the morning I left Vienna (I got a ticket for 21E and paid 23.80E @ the post office w/commission thrown in). Sucks.

Tanya at Fluxus Hostel was nice to chat with -- she thought I was "great" because I'm taller than most Asian females and I've visited/lived in so many places. Gee, thanks, I guess. Ljubljana is relatively small and, in my opinion, one full day is sufficient to explore the city's main attractions, i.e. the center and the castle. Oh and the "3 bridges" that the LP (Lonely Planet) wrote as a must-see? I sure did not expect the size and proximity of the bridges!

No comments: