Sunday, June 8, 2014

Camino de Santiago: A Journey's Start (again!)

Well, this is it. I'm all packed and ready to go. Daily plans, checked. What to see and do the first week in France, checked. How to get to where I need to go, checked. Back packed, checked. Travel alert calls to financial institutions, checked. Spiritually prepared? Well, I'm as prepared as I can be, the rest is up to God. I only need to be aware that my plans are not necessarily God's plans. May His will be done, always. 

Today, a good friend handed me an envelope filled with 90 inspirational notes; I'll pick one to read each day I'm on the road. (Thanks so much, Maureen, for your thoughtful and apropos gift!) So, since I'm leaving my abode today, I'll share the first note here:

"If you are distressed by anything eternal, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” – Marcus Aurelius


In appreciation of buddies who generously shared their time and treasure with me - with Vanya, Lisa, and Damir

In gratitude, I wish you all love, peace, and joy!

Previous post: My Pack List                                     
Next post: My First Day in Paris

No comments: